News: The Union government has made it mandatory for all sellers on the Government e-Marketplace(GeM) to list the Country of Origin while registering new products.
- Government e-Marketplace(GeM): It is a National Public Procurement portal launched in 2016 for procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Government Departments / Organizations / PSUs.
- Aim: To enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement.
- Nodal agency: It functions under the Directorate General of Supplies and Goods(DGS&D), Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- SWAYATT: It stands for Start-ups, Women and Youth Advantage Through eTransactions on Government e Marketplace(GeM).
- It is an initiative to promote women and young entrepreneurs through e-transactions on the Government e-Marketplace (GeM).
- Saras Collection: It showcases daily utility products made by rural self-help groups on GeM.
- It is an initiative of Government e Marketplace (GeM) and the DeenDayalAntyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM).