News: UNESCO has released a report titled “Global Education Monitoring Report 2020”.
- Theme: “Inclusion and education: All means all”.
- Aim: To monitor progress towards Sustainable Development Goal 4 (SDG 4) on education as well as other education-related points in the SDG Agenda.
- SDG 4: It aims to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all by 2030.
- Incheon declaration: It is a declaration on education adopted at the World Education Forum in Incheon, South Korea in 2015.
- Qingdao Declaration: It provides UN Member States with policy recommendations for using ICT to address educational challenges and to ensure equitable education and lifelong opportunities for all.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO): It is a specialized agency of the United Nations(UN) based in Paris,France.India has been a member of the UNESCO since its inception in 1946.