List of Contents
Source: This post is based on the article “CSIR-CMERI Mechanized Scavenging System” published in PIB on 1st September 2021.
What is the News?
CSIR-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute is developing a Mechanized Scavenging System.
What is a Mechanized Scavenging System?
- A Mechanized Scavenging System is being developed with the aim to eliminate human contact with faecal waste.
Key Features CSIR-CMERI Mechanized Scavenging System:
- The system focuses upon Sustainable Usage of water. This means that the system sucks in Slurry Water from the choked Sewerage Systems.
- The slurry is the thin mixture of an insoluble substance such as cement, clay, or coal with a liquid such as water or oil.
- This slurry water is then purified and filtered to make it suitable for Agricultural, Household and Drinking Water usage.
Significance of this system:
- Drinking-Water Scarcity problem is prevalent in Flood-Affected regions and can be solved by this system as it will help in providing an outlet for flood stagnated water, as well as provide Water Purification solutions in Flood Disaster Zones.