UPDATE ON AUGUST 14:
ForumIAS will be holding daily Current Affairs ( Revision ) Classes for Mains 2017.
The classes will commence from August 16th and the classes will be held in New Delhi from Monday to Friday from 11AM to 1 PM. You can enroll by clicking the link below
Enrollment Link for CA Batch – 16th August – http://imojo.in/1he5zk
We would like you to attend two classes with us before you decide to join it. So we have over 100 seats for you, and if you are in New Delhi, you can attend two sessions with us on Wednesday & Thusday at 11AM on 16th and 17th. You will require registration for it.
You can register by paying a registration fee of Rs. 100 by clicking here
Or you can register for the classes by visiting the Test Center.
Why should you take these open sessions even if you do not plan to join any classes for Current Affairs?
- Because you will get a fair idea of how to prepare Current Affairs.
- Because you will get awesome handouts in print
- And because, you will meet the people behind ForumIAS 🙂
We will be holding Classes ONLINE too. The classes will commence from August 20, from 5PM to 8PM.
You can enroll for the classes by enrolling from the below link :
===OLD TEXT FOLLOWS==
Previous Batch Experience
There is an ongoing batch for the same, which many of you would not be aware of. It commenced from July 11th and is running to full capacity. We were not able to inform you all about that batch through email or SMS for that because of logistics issues + we already had the class full before we wrote the blog post.
( Logistics Issue : The classroom was not fully ready as the Electricity Supply was an issue from the Elecricity Deparment side, allowing us to use only one AC because of the load sanctioned , which was not sufficient for the entire class ). So apologies for not informing you about that session. )
The old Batch had classes 2 days a week, and is running to full capacity. You can see the pictures below
The classes has a good mix of first timers and old veterans ; We were able to meet many popular ForumIAS Members who are attending the classes. A lot of our friends , who are working and in service also take classes after getting off from work at 5PM.
Update about New Batch :
- The new Batch will commence from August 16th. The timing will be from 11AM to 1 PM.
- There will be 25 Classes in total, each of 2 hours – 2.5 hours duration. Additional classes if needed will be planned and informed in advance.
- 15 out of the 25 Classes will be held in August, so that we cover most of the important issues in August itself.
- Then remaining 10 classes will be held from September 18th – 29th ( Monday to Friday ) to cover any issues that are more recent and we think are important.
- The classes will be held offline only as of now in New Delhi at Old Rajinder Nagar.
Request for Classes in Gurgaon
If you would like the classes to be held in Gurgaon, please fill up the below request form and we will try to do so.
The broad objective of the program is to
- Cover all important issues from the Current perspective that are relevant for the Mains 2017 Examination.
- To provide adequate answer writing practice within limited time on the most probable questions for Mains 2017 in the classroom itself.
The goal is to cover every relevant issue for Mains, including all relevant dimensions in as less time as possible so as to be effective in helping candidates benefit from it and improve score, especially in GS Paper 2 and 3.
Organization of the Class
Each Class will begin with the discussion of 5-7 important issues relevant for the Mains examination. Handouts for the same will be given out, and content and context explained in the classroom.
For International Relations Classes, maps will be shown for developing better understanding of the topic using a projector.
After each topic candidates may be asked to attempt relevant questions, and given some time ( between 5 – 7 minutes ) to attempt an answer. A model answer then, will be discussed in the class.
Who can attend these classes?
There is an ongoing batch for these classes that is currently operating at full capacity. Based on the feedback and current demography of the class, it is deemed to be suitable for :
- People who have secured ranks but are seeking rank improvement. (About 15-20% of the current batch strength is taken by candidates who have secured a rank, but are seeking an improvement in their service. The class timings of the last batch was kept from 5:00PM – 7:00PM to allow working candidates to attend the classes after office hours )
- Candidates who have been writing Mains but are unable to clear due to lack of content and/ or structure.
- Candidates who are writing the Mains for the first time, and are unable to identify the important issues relevant for Mains 2017.
- Candidates who have been unable to religiously follow the newspaper, and want to aid their current affairs preparation.
Will notes be provided for the Current Issues?
Yes, handouts will be provided before every class. You can see a sample handout here – http://blog.forumias.com/handouts
However, it is to be noted that handouts alone are not sufficient for covering the issues, and merely to aid the candidate in preparation of the issue.
What will be the timing and duration of the class?
The classes will be held everyday from Monday to Friday between 11AM – 1PM. It will commence from August 10th.
A total of 25 classes is planned, where 15 classes will be held in the month of August and 10 classes will be held in the second half of the month of September between September 18th–29th ( Monday to Friday ).
What is the Venue of the Classes?
The classes will be available OFFLINE at the below Venue :
ForumIAS Offline, 3rd Floor, Shop No. 6 ( Above NEXT IAS ), Old Rajinder Nagar Market, New Delhi 110060
Nearest Metro Station : Karol Bagh
Landmark : Near Syndicate Bank
Contact : 9821711605
What is the course Fees ?
The Fees for the Offline program will be Rs. 8500 + GST. The fees have been kept to the minimal so as to ensure that many candidates can benefit from it.
How can I enroll for the program ?
You can visit the offline Venue and enroll by paying the fees at the offline center. Alterantively, you can visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS to pay the fees and enroll for the program.