News: Union Home Minister has realized “Data on Police Organizations as on 1.1.2019” published by the Bureau of Police Research and Development.
- Total Actual Police Force (Civil + DAR+ Spl. Armed): 20, 67,270
- Vacancy: 5,28,165
- The percentage increase of Women Police over the Addiprevious year: 9.52%
- Actual Population per Police person (PPP): 632.02
- Actual Police Population Ratio (Per Lakh) (PPR): 158.22
- Number of Actual Police Stations: 16,587
Bureau of Police Research and Development
- It was established in 1970 and is headquartered in New Delhi.
- It functions under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Aim: modernization of police forces