News: The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) has established the National Biomedical Resource Indigenisation Consortium(N-BRIC) to drive indigenous innovation.
- N-BRIC: It is a Public Private Partnership(PPP) between DBT and Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises(ABLE) and Confederation of Indian Industry(CII).
- The consortium is being hosted by the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms(C-CAMP).
- Aim: To establish a nation-wide collaborative platform for convergence of research, product resources and services towards developing reagents, diagnostics, vaccines and therapeutics across India to fight Covid-19.
- Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises(ABLE): It is a not-for-profit forum launched in 2003 to accelerate the growth of the Biotechnology sector in India through partnering with the Government in their biotechnology initiatives.
- C-CAMP: It is one of the centers for technology-based innovation and entrepreneurship in the field of life sciences under the Department of Biotechnology(DBT).It intends to develop state-of-the-art technologies and to provide training on these technologies to academia and industry.