What is the News?
The Defence Minister has launched the ‘Services e-Health Assistance & Tele-consultation (SeHAT) OPD portal.
About SeHAT OPD portal:
- Firstly, SeHAT OPD Portal aims to provide tele-medicine services to the serving Armed Forces personnel, veterans and their families of the three Services.
- Secondly, the services will be provided by defence services doctors who are on regular duties.
- Thirdly, the portal has been developed and maintained by the Integrated Defence Staff & Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC).
- Fourthly, the portal has been designed on the lines of e Sanjeevani, a similar free OPD service run by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare(MoHFW) for all citizens.
- fifthly, Significance: As the portal provides contactless consultations in an easy and effective manner. The portal will help reduce the load on hospitals and patients from the armed services.