- The Department of Defence Production under Ministry of Defence has given in principal approval for 31 projects under Make-II scheme.
- It is an industry-funded scheme to make clearance easier and scaling up production of defence projects.
- Under Make-II scheme, the Ministry of Defence has a sub-category of suo motu submission of proposals.
SPARK (Support for Prototype and Research Kick-start) scheme
- SPARK framework by the Defence Innovation Organization – Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission, is aimed at supporting Startups/MSMEs/Innovators to create prototypes and/or commercialize products/solutions in National Defence and Security.
- The vision of this framework is two-fold:
- help create functional prototypes of products/technologies relevant for national security (prototyping), and spur fast-moving innovation in the India defence sector;
- help new tech products/technologies and a market and early customer (commercialization) in the form of the Indian Defence Establishment.