List of Contents
What is the News?
In order to boost domestic defence and aerospace manufacturing, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has launched the Defence Testing Infrastructure Scheme (DTIS).
About Defence Testing Infrastructure Scheme (DTIS):
- Launched by: Ministry of Defence in 2020.
- Aim: To create a state-of-the-art testing infrastructure in partnership with the private industry.
Key Features of the Scheme:
- Target: The scheme aims to set up 6-8 Greenfield Defence Testing Infrastructure facilities that are required for defence and aerospace-related production.
- A greenfield project is one that is not constrained by prior work. It is constructed on unused land where there is no need to remodel or demolish an existing structure.
- Funding: The projects under the scheme will be provided with up to 75% Government funding in the form of ‘Grant-in-Aid’.
- The remaining 25% of the project cost will have to be borne by the Special Purpose Vehicle(SPV). The SPV constituents will be the Indian private entities and state governments.
- Duration of the Scheme: Five Years.