List of Contents
What is the News?
The Delhi CM will represent Delhi and India at the World Cities Cultural Forum.
About World Cities Cultural Forum:
- The World Cities Culture Forum got established in London in 2012. Eight cities are its member(London, New York City, Tokyo, Shanghai, Paris, Istanbul, Sydney and Johannesburg).
- Organized by: It is an initiative of the Mayor of London. BOP Consulting, a specialist consulting firm, is organising and coordinating it.
- Purpose: The forum provides a way for policymakers to share research and intelligence. Further, they can explore the vital role of culture in their future prosperity.
- Participating Cities: The forum now has 43 participating member cities. Delhi has been invited this year, but it is not a part of member cities.
World Cities Cultural Forum Summit:
- Each year, members of the World Cities Culture Forum meet at the World Cities Culture Summit.
- The member cities host the summit on a rotating basis. Deputy Mayors for Culture and Heads of Culture from the member cities attend it.
- The theme for 2021: The Future of Culture.
Publications by Forum:
- World Cities Culture report: The forum publishes it in every three years. It contains data and details on innovative projects from cities across the world. The last report was published in 2018.
- Delhi will now also be part of the World Cities Culture Report.
- World Cities Culture Finance Report: It is the first comparative analysis of culture financing in world cities. It was first published in 2017. Further, the reports get updated annually.
Source: The Hindu
India participated in ‘World Summit on the Information Society Forum 2021’