News:Foreign Minister of Denmark has visited the Barapullah DESMI Waste Water Management Project Site in New Delhi.
About DESMI Waste Water Management Project:
- It is a holistic clean up project between Department of Biotechnology (DBT).Ministry of Science & Technology and DESMI EnviRO-CLEAN, Denmark.
- The aim of the project is to trap the floating debris from the drain and convert it into value added products.
- The purpose of this project is also to prove the sustainability of the process with suitable gasification/ carbonisation technology to mitigate waste of mixed feedstock, collected from rivers or lakes besides reducing the damage to the local environment.
- The Barapullah drain was chosen for this project because of the high population density, water scarcity and size of the waste water flow which makes it an excellent location for research in the area of wastewater management.
Key Features of the project:
- Percentage of floating debris will reduce in Barapullah drain
- Sustainable source of energy can be produced on site
- Benefitting local environment and community
- Local employment
- Clean Indian Rivers
- Project leads and Research benefits the water, energy and waste sector of India
- Supporting local manufacturing Industry – Make in India.