List of Contents
What is the News?
Union Minister of Commerce and Industry has launched the Directorate General of Foreign Trade’s(DGFT) Trade Facilitation Mobile Application.
About Trade Facilitation Mobile Application:
- Tata Consultancy Services(TCS) developed the Trade Facilitation Mobile Application. It is as per the directions of the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).
- Aim: The aim is to promote ease of doing business by providing quick access to information to importers/exporters.
- Features: The application will provide the following facilities:
- Real-time trade policy updates and event notifications.
- It provides options to explore Export-Import policies and statistics.
- Virtual Assistance to trade-related queries.
- It provides access to all the services provided by DGFT.
- Raise and track help requests in real-time.
- Tech-enabled governance will play a major role in determining India’s competitiveness, in the post-Covid world.
- Thus, Initiatives like this, will significantly contribute to the achievement of India’s export target of $1 trillion by 2025 and GDP target of $5 trillion.
About the Directorate General of Foreign Trade(DGFT).
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade(DGFT) established in 1991. It is an attached office of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Functions: It is responsible for formulating and implementing the Foreign Trade Policy with the main objective of promoting India’s exports.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Source: Hindu Businessline