News: The Prime Minister has launched the National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) on the eve of Independence Day.
- NDHM: It is a voluntary healthcare programme that aims to reduce the gap among stakeholders such as doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers by bringing them together and connecting them in an integrated digital health infrastructure.
- Components: The mission comprises six key building blocks or digital systems namely HealthID, DigiDoctor, Health Facility Registry, Personal Health Records, e-Pharmacy & telemedicine.
- Health Id : It is a 14-digit serial number which will be generated for each individual.The Id will be a repository of all health-related information of a person such as medical tests, previous prescriptions, diagnosis, treatments and all historical health records.
- Implementation: The National Health Authority(NHA) would design, build, roll-out and implement the mission.
- Coverage: The scheme would first be tested in the Union Territories of Chandigarh, Ladakh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Puducherry, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep.
- National Health Authority(NHA): It is the apex body responsible for implementing Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY).
- It is governed by a Governing Board chaired by the Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare.