News: The Ministry of Commerce and Industry through the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has initiated a process to prepare and implement a District Export Plan (DEP).
District Export Plan
- Will include the support required by the local industry in boosting their manufacturing and exports
- Will include strategy to enhance logistics and infrastructure at the district level and better utilization of the Market Access Initiative (MAI) Scheme for inviting foreign buyers
- The institutional structure set up at the district level for implementation of the District Export Plan will be headed by the Chief/ District Development Officer
Market Access Initiative (MAI) scheme:
- To promote India’s Export on a sustained basis;
- Focus Product-Focus country approach;
- To evolve a specific strategy for enhancement of export accessing new market or increasing share in existing market.
Nodal Agency: Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
- It is an attached office of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and is headed by the Director General of Foreign Trade.
- It is responsible for implementing the Foreign Trade Policy with the main objective of promoting India’s exports.