So the big day has arisen. The UPSC Mains 2016 Essay Paper just got over. The Essay Paper of UPSC Mains 2016 is of 250 marks and candidates had to write two essays. Interestingly, unlike the essay paper of Mains last year, the essay paper of Mains this year in 2016 did not have philosophical topics. Rather the essay topics asked this year were more from current affairs.
Instructions: Write two essays, choosing one from each of the following Section A & B, in about 1000-1200 words.
Total Marks : 250
1. If development is not engendered, it is endangered.
2. Need brings greed, if greed increases it spoils breed
3. Water disputes between states in federal India
4. Innovation is the key determinant of economic growth and social welfare
1. Cooperative federalism: Myth or reality
2. Cyberspace and internet: Blessing or curse to the human civilization in the long run
3. Near jobless growth in India: An anomaly or an outcome of economic reforms
4. Digital economy: A leveller or a source of economic inequality