News: Minister of Atomic Energy and Space inaugurated India’s first global Mega Science Exhibition “Vigyan Samagam” in Delhi
About Vigyan Samagam
- It is a multi-venue mega-science exhibition. It is being hosted in a caravan mode at four cities – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata and Delhi – from May 2019 to March 2020.
- It is organised jointly by Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Department of Science and Technology (DST) and the National Council of Science Museums (NCSM)
- To highlight the value and impact of fundamental research
- To act as a catalyst for engaging students, academician and industry on a common interactive mega-science platform
- To strengthen the larger benefits from collaborative mega-science projects undertaken by Units and Institutions of DAE and DST.