News: Department of Science & Technology(DST) and IBM India have announced collaborations to scale up two DST initiatives–Vigyan Jyoti and Engage with Science (Vigyan Prasar).
- Launched Year: 2019
- Nodal ministry: Ministry of Science & Technology (DST).
- Coverage: The programme covers girl students from grade 9 to 12.
- Aim: To create a level-playing field for the meritorious girls in high school to pursue Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) in their higher education and become self-reliant.
- Implementation: The program is currently implemented by Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) in 58 districts with the participation of about 2900 students.
Vigyan Prasar: It is an autonomous body under the DST to help India’s science popularization agenda through several strategic initiatives, including ‘Engage With Science’.
- Engage With Science: It is an interactive platform that will be built on top of the India Science Over-The-Top (OTT) platform to encourage and inspire high school students to pursue Science & Technology (S&T) for a career.