News:‘Year of Awareness on Science & Health (YASH)’ programme has been launched.
- It is a comprehensive science and health awareness programme. It emphasises on Covid-19.
- Launched by: National Council for Science & Technology Communication (NCSTC), Department of Science & Technology (DST).
- Aim: To minimize risks at all levels with the help of public communication and outreach activities, promote public understanding of community care and health safety measures.
- Development of science, health, and risk communication software
- Development of publications, audio-visual, digital platforms, folk performances, trained communicators, especially in regional languages.
- Includes strategies to involve academic, research, media, and voluntary organizations to facilitate necessary actions and emergency preparedness of society amidst Covid-19 pandemic
- Includes information dissemination mechanisms to reduce the fear of risks, adoption of sustainable healthy lifestyles and fostering scientific attitude.