6th EEF meet:
- PM of India delivered a video-address during the plenary session of the 6th Eastern Economic Forum (EEF) held on 3 September 2021 in Vladivostok.
- He stressed on the importance of greater economic and commercial engagement between the two sides in line with the ‘Special and Privileged Strategic Partnership’.
- He highlighted the importance of health and pharma sectors as important areas of cooperation that have emerged during the pandemic.
About- EEF is an international platform for establishing and strengthening ties within the Russian and global investment communities.
- The objective is to support the economic development of Russia’s Far East and to expand international cooperation in the Asia-Pacific region.
- It was established by Decree of the Russian President in 2015.
- In accordance with the Decree, the meeting of the Forum takes place each year in Vladivostok,Russia.
- The events at the Forum traditionally take place in the form of panel sessions, roundtables, televised debates, business breakfasts, and business dialogues devoted to Russia’s relationships with various countries.