Here is the 5th Economics Mains Marathon Optional Test.
Click Here for Mains Marathon Economics Optional Plan
Economics Mains Marathon : Test-5
- Explain how according to the Solow model, technological progress is the source of sustained increase in output per worker.
- “Balanced and unbalanced growth strategies are not substitutes but complementary to each other.” Explain this statement.
- Discuss the Harrod’s model of economic growth. Explain why Harrod’s growth model is called “Knife-edge problem”.
- What is the significance of the steady state capital per worker? How is the Golden Rule level of capital defined? Explain the transition paths of output, consumption and investment per worker when saving rate is decreased to achieve the Golden Rule level.
- Explain Kuznets’ inverted U hypothesis. Is growth good for the poor? Explain.
- State five reasons that support government intervention in agricultural markets.
- How can the structural independence between A-sector and K-sector in the dualistic economy foster growth in the absence of external stimuli?
- Distinguish between backwash and spread effects of Myrdal. How do they operate in backward economies?
- What are the desired structural changes required for achieving the objective of economic development?
- How will you explain the paradox of high economic growth and and low human development in India in recent times?
- What are the major factors behind accumulation of non performing assets in the Indian banking sector in recent years? Discuss.
- The GST reflects the spirit of “One nation, one aspiration and one determination”. Explain.
- What are the factors responsible for large number of farmers’ suicides in relatively richer Indian States? Examine.
- Skill development and thereby raising labour productivity like that in China would be the only panacea for long term growth in Indian economy. Discuss.
- What is crony capitalism? How it compromises economic and social justice issues?
- Characterise the inflationary process in the last three years. What steps were taken by the RBI and the Government to control it?
- Analyse the impact of MNREGA on rural and urban wages and rural migration.
- Explain the macroeconomic impact of demonetisation.
- What are the basic features of new national rural employment guarantee scheme? What are the impediments in their implementation?
- Critically evaluate the inclusiveness and sustainability of growth as the development strategy in India in recent times.
Did you like the questions? Do let us know.
All Mains Marathon Optional Questions are updated in this page.