Vrischikolsavam, the annual festival of Sree Poornathrayeesa Temple celebrated at Tripunithura in the city of Kochi in Kerala
About Vrischikolsavam Festival
- The festival lasts for 8 days with features of traditional folk art forms such as Ottanthullal, Kathakali, Thayambaka, Chenda melam, Kacheri.
- Festival is the colorful procession of Lord Sree Poornathrayeesa, accompanied by 15 caparisoned elephants and ‘panchari melam.
- Besides ‘panchari melam’ other traditional orchestrations like ‘maddala pattu’, ‘kombu pattu’, ‘kurumkuzhal pattu’, ‘parisha vadham’ and ‘edakka pradakshinam’ will also be held during festival days.
- The festival also showcases carnatic music concerts, thayamb, kathakali, ottanthullal, kurathiyaattom, kolkali and even aksharashlokam
- Major Festivals in Kerala
- Onam, Vishu, Thrissur Pooram, Aranmula Snake Boat Race, Nehru Trophy Boat Race