News:Prime Minister has chaired a meeting on ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ programme.
About Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat:
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat was announced by the Prime Minister on 31st October,2015 on the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The scheme aims to promote engagement amongst the people of different states/UTs so as to enhance mutual understanding and bonding between people of diverse cultures,thereby securing stronger unity and integrity of India.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development has been designated Nodal Ministry for coordination of the programme.
- To CELEBRATE the Unity in Diversity of our Nation and to maintain and strengthen the fabric of traditionally existing emotional bonds between the people of our Country;
- To PROMOTE the spirit of national integration through a deep and structured engagement between all Indian States and Union Territories through a year-long planned engagement between States;
- To SHOWCASE the rich heritage and culture, customs and traditions of either State for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity that is India, thus fostering a sense of common identity
- To ESTABLISH long-term engagements and
- TO CREATE an environment which promotes learning between States by sharing best practices and experiences.