- On 25th, December, 2017 The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh launched the electronic-Human Resource Management System (e-HRMS).
Aim of electronic-Human Resource Management System (e-HRMS):
- This is a step in the direction of fully automated Human Resource Management System.
- It sets a target to bring all employees of Government of India on employee portal so that all processes of personnel management from hiring to retiring will be on digital platform and manual system of handling personnel management will be dispensed with.
Salient features of electronic-Human Resource Management System (e-HRMS):
- Single platform: With launch of e-HRMS, employees will be able to not only see all their details w.r.t service book, leave, GPF, Salary etc., but also apply for different kind of claims/reimbursements, loan/advances, leave, leave encashment, LTC advances, Tour etc. on a single platform.
- No dependency: Employees shall not be dependant for data updating on administration, but they may themselves update the data with their login subject to verification by concerned administration.
- Track status easily: They will be able to track status and match details instantly.
- The system is designed in a way to obtain all management related inputs/reports through its Dashboard.
- Online data updating: All pendency of data updating as well as claims will be seen online by senior authorities that will instill more responsibility and accountability among all government servants.
5 modules of electronic-Human Resource Management System (e-HRMS):
- The Minister launched the 25 applications of 5 modules of the system. These are:
- Personnel Information System: It has functionalities of self-updating by employees.
- Leave: Leave of all kind may be claimed and sanctioned through website that will become part of service book.
- LTC: All function related to LTC application, Eligibility Check, Sanction, Advance claim, Final reimbursements, Leave encashment can be made through the online portal.
- Loan/Advances: All kind of loan and advances can be claimed, sanctioned and paid through it.
- Tour: All tour applications to be submitted through system and TA advance may also be claimed.
- E-service book– Already launched on 30.03.2017 will also be integrated.
Enrollment process (graphic representation) of electronic-Human Resource Management System (e-HRMS):
Advantages of electronic-Human Resource Management System (e-HRMS):
This system has various advantages such as:
- Providing Dash board for employee and management, Updated service records, E-governance in office procedures, Reduced file movement, Faster service delivery, Assist in decision making, Common document repository of employees, Standardization of Master Data, Minimize manual entry of data, Ease of sharing information among stake holders, e-Sign for accountability/authenticity, PFMS and e-HRMS integration for faster payments of GPF, advances, Loans, reimbursements.
- This will reduce employee’s grievances to a certain extent.
- Even availability of online data of employees will help organisation to take many administrative decisions easily like planning of recruitments, posting of official to a task as per their experience and qualification, easily available online to the administration.
- It will also help employees to concentrate more on public service once free from personal anxiety of getting their due work done.
- That will enhance public delivery more satisfactory and more employees will be available for core work of the Government than maintaining of Service Book.
- Availability of centralized data will enable Government for policy research and planning as such educational qualifications and other competencies and deficiencies may be easily obtained.
- It will enable Government to take transfer and posting decisions more pragmatically based on reliable first hand data.
- The e-service book for DOPT employees launched on March 30, 2017 was also an initiative taken to fully automate it with live updating of all records.
- Electronic-Human Resource Management System (e-HRMS) was not only the solution to manpower planning but its integration with other e-Governance applications extended its ambit to various other Government G2G, G2E and G2C services.