News: The Ministry of Health has said that Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN) has reached 32 states and Union territories and will be rolled out in the remaining areas soon.
- Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network(eVIN): It is an innovative technological solution aimed at strengthening immunization supply chain systems across the country.
- Purpose: To provide real-time information on vaccine stocks and flows and storage temperatures across all cold chain points in the country.
- Implementation: It is being implemented under National Health Mission (NHM) by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- National Health Mission: It was launched by the Government of India in 2013 subsuming the National Rural Health Mission(NRHM) and National Urban Health Mission(NUHM).
- Aim: To attain universal access to equitable, affordable health care services, accountable and responsive to people’s needs with effective inter-sectoral convergent action to address the wider social determinants of health.