EVs, CNG vehicles don’t need permits
- Government has exempted the vehicle running on CNG, ethanol and EVs from road permit.
2. Ministry of Road Transport and Highway said Vehicle running on CNG, ethanol and EVs, will not require road permit.
3. Government plan
Provide 100 % exemption on Electric vehicles, Auto-Rickshaws, Buses, Taxis, that run on alternative fuel like Ethanol, Bio-Diesel, CNG, Methanol and Biofuel are
- Electric Vehicles attract 12 % GST, no further subsidy will be provided
- Hybrid or Mild Hybrid vehicles are not exempted.
- To ensure two-wheeler taxis in non-metro cities.
- To abolish speed governors (To check speed) on commercial vehicle to provide fast mode of transport.
- Establish Compressed Natural Gas station in 300 Districts to encourage manufacturer.
4. To fulfill the objectives Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers’ (SIAM) ask for
- Speedy infrastructure development and better roads
- Long term regulatory and policy roadmap for 10 years.
- Will help in controlling pollution
- Bio-Fuel is cost-effective
- Will promote eco-friendly vehicles through Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles (FAME).
- Will generate employment
6. Initially, limited number of Electric Vehicle allowed without local testing. However after positive customer response, companies can start manufacturing.