News:The Joint Military Exercise Ekuverin between the Indian Army and the Maldives National Defence Force will be organised from 07 October,2019.
About the exercise:
- Exercise Ekuverin is a joint military exercise between India and Maldives.
- The two countries have been conducting Exercise Ekuverin meaning ‘Friends’ in the Dhivehi language since 2009.
- The exercise is conducted every year alternatively in India and Maldives.
- This year,the 10th annual exercise will be conducted at Aundh Military Station in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The exercise aims at enhancing interoperability between the two forces for carrying out counter insurgency and counter-terrorism operations in a semi-urban environment under the United Nations mandate.