What is the News?
Exercise Konkan-2021 was held between India and the UK in the English Channel.
Note: The English Channel is also called simply the Channel is an arm of the Atlantic Ocean that separates southern England from northern France. It also links to the southern part of the North Sea by the Strait of Dover.
About Exercise Konkan:
- Exercise Konkan is a bilateral maritime exercise between the Indian Navy and the Royal Navy of the UK.
- Aim: To consolidate interoperability and help cement the strong bonds of friendship between the two navies.
- The 2021 exercise includes the participation of INS Tabar from the Indian Navy and HMS Westminster from the UK.
Other Exercises between India and UK:
- Exercise Indradhanush: It is a joint bilateral air exercise between India and the UK started in 2006.
- Exercise Ajeya Warrior: It is a joint military exercise between India and the UK. It was held for the first time in 2013.