News:A team of experts from the COVID Action Collab (CAC) is exploring ways to treat sewage water to detect traces of coronavirus.
- Metabolic waste of COVID-19 patients contain traces of coronavirus. It can be detected through special laboratory tests.
- It will help in early detection and subsequently prevent further spread of the virus.
- It will also help greatly in densely populated urban clusters, ghettos, etc, where it becomes extremely difficult to test the swab sample of every individual.
COVID Action Collab
- It is an initiative by a group of experts.It is ideated by the Catalyst Group, a social impact platform.
- Prevent new infections
- Diagnose early,
- Treat appropriately and with care
- Mitigate negative impacts on livelihoods, well-being.