News:The ninth India-US Defence Technologies and Trade Initiative (DTTI) group meeting is scheduled to happen in New Delhi.
- The Defence Technologies and Trade Initiative(DTTI) mechanism was launched in 2012.It is not a treaty or a law.
- It aims to include strengthening India’s defence industrial base, exploring new areas of technological development and expanding U.S.-India business ties.
- The initiative is led by Undersecretary of Defence for Acquisition and Sustainment from the United States and Secretary for Defence Protection from India.
What are its aims?
- Transform the bilateral defense relationship into one that is limited only by independent strategic decisions rather than bureaucratic obstacles or inefficient procedures.
- Strengthen India’s defense industrial base by moving away from the traditional buyer-seller dynamic toward a more collaborative approach.
- Explore new areas of technological collaboration from science and technology cooperation through co-development and co-production.
- Expand the U.S.-Indian business ties.