News:The US President along with the US First Lady will be visiting a Delhi government school where they will attend a happiness curriculum class.
About Happiness Curriculum:
- The Happiness curriculum was launched by the Delhi government in 2018.
- The curriculum aims at increasing mental health awareness among school children from classes nursery to eighth in all government schools
Objectives of the curriculum:The objectives of this curriculum includes:
- developing self-awareness and mindfulness
- inculcating skills of critical thinking and inquiry
- enabling learners to communicate effectively and
- helping learners to apply life skills to deal with stressful and conflicting situations around them.
- Under the curriculum,students will attend Happiness Classes where they will participate in exercises such as storytelling, meditation and question and answer sessions.