News:Recently,many coronavirus patients have died of sepsis after the body’s immune system goes into overdrive.
- Sepsis is a life-threatening organ dysfunction caused by the body’s immune system overreacting in response to an infection.This overactive, toxic response can lead to tissue damage, multiple organ failure and death.
- It can be triggered by a variety of pathogens such as Viruses, bacteria, fungi or parasites.The causes of sepsis are usually pneumonia, wound infections, urinary tract infections or infections in the abdominal cavity.
- Other viruses that are highly infectious such as coronaviruses, Ebola and yellow fever viruses, dengue, swine flu or bird flu viruses can also cause sepsis.
- Drop in blood pressure with a simultaneous rise in heart rate, fever, rapid, heavy breathing, an unusually strong feeling of illness and sudden confusion.
- When diagnosed, sepsis is immediately treated as an emergency. The blood is examined, a broad-spectrum antibiotic is administered, and sufficient blood circulation and ventilation are ensured.
- As a precautionary measure, many sepsis patients are protectionally incubated which means put into an artificial coma.