News:The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India(FSSAI) has launched ‘Verified Milk Vendors Scheme’ in Gujarat.
About Verified Milk Vendors Scheme:
- The scheme aims to address the issues of quality and safety in raw milk that is supplied directly to consumers by unorganised milk vendors.
- Under the scheme, all the unorganised milk producers and vendors in Gujarat will be issued identity cards by taking their registration.This will bring them under the regulation net.
- Based on the Gujarat experience,the FSSAI has plans to roll-out similar schemes nationwide.
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is a statutory autonomous body under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.It comes under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- FSSAI is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety.