What is the News?
The Prime Minister has announced that the Centre will soon launch the ‘PM Gati Shakti Master Plan’.
About PM Gati Shakti Master Plan:
- PM Gati Shakti Master Plan is a 100 lakh crore national infrastructure master plan. It aims to make a foundation for holistic infrastructure and give an integrated pathway to our economy.
Key objectives of the Plan:
- To provide easier interconnectivity and reduce travel time between road, rail, air and waterways
- To improve industrial productivity
- To make local manufacturing globally competitive
- To facilitate future economic zones and
- To create employment.
Note: India has been working for a reset of its logistics sector involving railways, highways, inland waterways and airports to put in place an effective transportation grid. Logistics make up about 13% of costs for Indian companies making exports uncompetitive vis-a-vis China.