News: Road Transport and Highways Minister launched a web portal called GATI
- It has been created by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) on the lines of PRAGATI portal
- It can be accessed from NHAI Website and contractors/concessionaires can raise any project related issues on the portal.
National Highways Authority of India
- It is the Central Authority to develop, maintain and manage the National Highways in India
- It was constituted by an Act of Parliament in 1988 and functions under the administrative control of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
- PRAGATI stands for Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation. The platform was launched in 2015.
- The platform is aimed at addressing common man’s grievances and simultaneously monitoring and reviewing important programs and projects of the Government of India as well as projects flagged by State Governments.
- The major objectives of the program are (a) Grievance redressal (b) Project implementation (c) Project monitoring.