Here is the 2nd Geography Mains Marathon Optional Test.
Geography Mains Marathon : Test-2
Below are the questions:
- ‘The nature of source region largely determines the temperature and humidity characteristics of an air mass’- Explain
- What are agro-climatic zones? Discuss the characteristics and problems of Trans-ganga Plains region.
- Outline and account for the characteristics of the contemporary urban hierarchy in India.
- Discuss with examples how climate is an important determinant of soil properties.
- What causes aggradation of a stream? What are the effects of aggradation?
- What is social well-being? Critically discuss the welfare approach to geography.
- What do you understand by ‘geopolitics’? Compare and contrast frontiers and boundaries.
- Differentiate between site and situation of a settlement. With examples from India, discuss the role of site and situation in determining the location and growth of settlements.
- ‘Female labour force participation in urban India has stagnated despite rising education levels and rapid economic growth’- Discuss.
- Discuss the issues and challenges pertaining to the interlinking of rivers in India.
All Mains Marathon Optional Questions are updated in this page.