List of Contents
What is the News?
According to the Ministry of Commerce, the India industrial land bank system has been integrated with industry-based GIS systems of 17 states so far and will achieve pan-India integration by December 2021.
About India industrial Land Bank System:
- India Industrial Land Bank System(IILBS) was launched by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade(DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry in 2020.
- Purpose: The system is a Geographic Information System(GIS) based portal. It is a one-stop repository of all industrial infrastructure-related information such as infrastructure connectivity, natural resources, terrain, plot-level information on vacant plots, line of activity, and contact details.
- Currently, the land bank system has about 4,000 industrial parks mapped across an area of 5.5 lakh hectares of land, serving as a decision support system for investors scouting for land remotely.
What is the Geographic Information System(GIS)?
- GIS is a computer system for capturing, storing, checking, and displaying data related to positions on Earth’s surface.
- GIS can show many kinds of data on one map such as streets, buildings, and vegetation.
- This enables people to more easily see, analyze and understand patterns and relationships.