News:India has shared nine whole genome sequences of the coronavirus with the Global Initiative on Sharing All Influenza Data(GISAID).
- The Global Initiative on Sharing All Influenza Data(GISAID) Initiative was launched on the occasion of the 61st World Health Assembly in 2008.
- In 2010, Germany became the official host of the GISAID Initiative through a public private partnership.
- Aim:To promote international sharing of all influenza virus sequences related clinical and epidemiological data to understand how the viruses evolve, spread and potentially become pandemics.
- Headquarters: Munich, Germany.
- Genome sequencing: It is a technique that allows us to read and interpret genetic information found within DNA or RNA.