News: Goa has become the first ‘Har Ghar Jal’ State in the country as it has successfully provided 100% Functional Household Tap Connections(FHTCs) in the rural areas by utilising the benefits under Jal Jeevan Mission(JJM).
- Jal Jeevan Mission: It aims to provide safe and adequate drinking water through individual household tap connections(HarGharJal) to all rural households by 2024.
- Implementation: It is being implemented by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation under the Jal Shakti Ministry.
- Funding Pattern: The fund sharing pattern between the Centre and states is 90:10 for Himalayan and North-Eastern States, 50:50 for other states and 100% for Union Territories.
- The mission will be based on a community approach to water and will include extensive Information, Education and communication as a key component of the mission.
- It will also implement source sustainability measures as mandatory elements such as recharge and reuse through grey water management, water conservation and rainwater harvesting.