News: Google has launched the India Digitization Fund through which it will invest Rs 75,000 crore into India over the next 5-7 years.
- Aim: To help accelerate the adoption of digital services in India.
- Mode of Investment: Google will invest the amount through a mix of equity investments, partnerships, and operational, infrastructure, and ecosystem investments.
- Areas: The Investment will focus on four areas important to India’s digitization:
- Enabling affordable access and information to every Indian in their own language
- Building new services and products that are deeply relevant to India’s unique needs
- Empowering businesses as they continue on digital transformation.
- Leveraging technology in AI- Artificial Intelligence for social good in areas like education, health, and agriculture.