List of Contents
What is the News?
The Union Minister of Education has informed the Lok Sabha about the NISHTHA Programme.
About NISHTHA Programme:
- NISHTHA stands for National Initiative for School Heads and Teachers Holistic Advancement.
- It is a capacity building programme for Improving Quality of School Education through Integrated Teacher Training.
- Aim: It aims to build competencies among all the teachers and school principals at the elementary stage.
- The functionaries (at the state, district, block, cluster level) shall be trained in an integrated manner on learning outcomes, school based assessment, learner – centred pedagogy, new initiatives in education, among others.
- This training is being organized by constituting National Resource Groups (NRGs) and State Resource Groups (SRGs) at the National and the State level who will be training 42 lakhs teachers subsequently.
- Moreover, a portal/Management Information System (MIS) for delivery of the training, monitoring and support mechanism has been infused with this capacity building initiative.
- However, due to COVID-19 and to provide continuous development opportunities to the teachers at the elementary level, this Department has launched NISHTHA online using DIKSHA platform in October 2020.
- DIKSHA (Digital Infrastructure for School Education) is an initiative of the National Council of Educational Research and Training(NCERT), Ministry of Education.
- Purpose: The platform offers engaging learning material, relevant to the prescribed school curriculum, to teachers, students and parents.