List of Contents
What is the News?
The Union Agriculture Minister has launched the “MadhuKranti portal” and “Honey Corners” of NAFED.
About MadhuKranti portal:
- Madhukranti portal is an initiative of the National Bee Board under the National Beekeeping and Honey Mission.
- Purpose: The purpose is to develop an online registration to achieve a traceability source of Honey and other beehive products on a digital platform.
- The portal will enable the consumers/public to know about the source of honey and assure the quality of the products.
About National Beekeeping & Honey Mission(NBHM):”
- National Beekeeping & Honey Mission(NBHM) was launched by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare as part of the AtmaNirbhar Bharat scheme.
- Aim: The aim is to promote & develop scientific beekeeping in the country to achieve the goal of ‘Sweet Revolution’.
- Implementation: The National Bee Board (NBB) will implement the mission. Further, it is a Central Sector Scheme and is 100% funded by the Central Govt.
About Honey Corners:
- Honey Corners: They are special spaces for the sale of honey. The National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation (NAFED) operates it.
- Significance: NAFED has developed 14-15 honey corners. NAFED will also develop more honey corners in future. This will promote market support for honey.
- National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation(NAFED) is an apex organization of marketing cooperatives for agricultural produce in India.
- Founded in: It was founded in 1958. It is registered under the Multi-State Co-operative Societies Act, 2002.
- Firstly, to organize, promote and develop marketing, processing and storage of agricultural, horticultural and forest produce.
- Secondly, to distribute agricultural machinery and other inputs, undertake inter-state, import and export trade, wholesale or retail as the case may be.
- And lastly, to act and assist with technical advice in agricultural production for the promotion and the working of its members, partners, etc.