List of Contents
What is the News?
The Union Minister for Electronics & Information Technology has launched the country’s first ‘Quantum Computer Simulator (QSim) Toolkit’.
About QSim – Quantum Computer Simulator Toolkit:
- QSim is a first-of-its-kind toolkit that enables researchers and students to carry out research in Quantum Computing in a cost-effective manner.
- Built by: Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc), Bengaluru, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee and the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC).
What was the need for QSim?
- Quantum systems are highly sensitive to disturbances from the environment. Even necessary controls and observations disturb them.
- This is why QSim was needed. It will allow researchers to explore Quantum Algorithms under idealized conditions and help prepare experiments to run on actual Quantum Hardware.
Key Features of QSim:
- Intuitive UI: QSim offers a robust QC Simulator that allows students/researchers to create Quantum programs, visualize the instant circuit generation and simulated outputs.
- Simulate noisy Quantum logic circuits: Helps simulate Quantum circuits with and without noise and test how well various algorithms work with imperfect quantum components. This is essential to simulate real-life conditions.
- Pre-loaded Quantum algorithms and Examples: QSim comes loaded with Quantum programs and algorithms, providing a head start to the users.
- Simulation: QSim simulation will be done using computing resources from C-DAC’s high-performance computers like PARAM Shavak and PARAM Siddhi.
Read more: National Super Computing Mission(NSM)