What is the News?
The Union Education Minister has released an implementation plan for school education called SARTHAQ. SARTHAQ stands for ‘Students’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement through Quality Education.
- The Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education, has developed SARTHAQ.
- Purpose: SARTHAQ is an indicative and suggestive implementation plan for school education.
- The plan was launched to implement the goals of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020. Further, it will assist all the States/UTs in this task.
- Firstly, to provide all-around development for the students at the primary and secondary level.
- Secondly, to establish a safe, secure, inclusive and conducive learning environment for students as well as teachers.
- Thirdly, to meet the diverse national and global challenges of the present and the future. Further, it will help the students to imbibe 21st-century skills along with India’s tradition, culture and value system.
- Key Features of the Plan:
- The plan keeps in mind the concurrent nature of education and adheres to the spirit of federalism.
- States and UTs are given the flexibility to adapt this plan with local contextualization. Also, they can modify it as per their needs and requirements.
- The implementation plan delineates the roadmap and way forward for the implementation of NEP, 2020 for the next 10 years.
The SARTHAQ plan aims to meet the following goals of NEP 2020:
- The plan will pave the way for curriculum reforms. This includes the new national and state curriculum frameworks for school education as well as early childhood care and education.
- The programme will focus on the improvement of the enrollment ratio of children at all levels. Also, it will focus on reduction in dropouts also.
- Further, It will provide access to quality and Universal Acquisition of Foundational Literacy and Numeracy by Grade 3.
- It will implement vocational education, sports, arts, knowledge of India, 21st-century skills, values of citizenship, awareness of environment conservation in the curriculum.
- Apart from that, it will focus on experiential learning and will also improve the quality of Teacher Education Programmes.