What is the News?
The Ministry of Rural Development has launched a new geospatial planning portal named ‘Yuktdhara’.
About Yuktdhara Portal:
- Yuktdhara is a geospatial planning portal under Bhuvan.
- Purpose: The portal will help in facilitating new MGNREGA assets using remote sensing and geographic information system-based data.
- Developed by: The portal is a culmination of joint efforts of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the Ministry of Rural Development.
- Name: The name of the portal is very apt as the word ‘Yukt’ is derived from Yojanam, indicates the planning and ‘Dhara’ indicates the flow.
Key Features of the Portal:
- The portal will serve as a repository of assets (geotags) created under the various National Rural Development Programmes, such as MGNREGA, Per Drop More Crop Programmes, Integrated Watershed Management Programme and Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana.
- It will integrate a wide variety of thematic layers, multi-temporal high-resolution earth observation data with the analysis tool.
- Planners will be able to analyse previous assets under various schemes and facilitate the identification of new works using online tools. Prepared plans will be then evaluated by appropriate authorities under State Departments.