List of Contents
What is the News?
The Government of India has decided to set up the ‘Indian Institute of Heritage’ at Noida, Gautam Buddha Nagar.
About Indian Institute of Heritage(IIH):
- Indian Institute of Heritage is a proposed institute to be set up by the Ministry of Culture.
- The institute would be a world-class university that would focus on the conservation and research in India’s rich tangible heritage.
- It would also offer research, development, and knowledge associated with a heritage that contributes to the cultural, scientific, and economic life of India.
- The institute will have the status of a ‘deemed university’. Certificate and diploma courses currently run by various institutions like IGNCA and National Archives of India and others are to be brought under IIH.
Significance of this Institute:
- The institute would be a standalone Institution of its type in the country.
- It would have a major impact on higher education and research in the field related to rich Indian heritage and its conservation, leading to Masters and Ph.D courses in these fields.