List of Contents
What is the News?
Union Education and Skill Development Minister and Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment has jointly launched the booklet on One-year New Education Policy (NEP) – 2020.
Initiatives launched during the event:
- Priya is an accessibility booklet developed by the NCERT and Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
- Purpose: The booklet will sensitize the students on accessibility-related issues for Divyangs (persons with disabilities)
- Moreover, special emphasis has been laid to make the booklet simple, interesting and interactive to create awareness on accessibility in children right from their formative years.
About Virtual School of NIOS:
- Virtual School is a first-of-its-kind initiative in the country that will allow millions of eligible students outside the school system to complete their studies without physically attending a brick-and-mortar school.
- Implementation: The virtual school will be implemented via the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). It will be entirely digital in nature.
- Coverage: The students in Classes 9 to 12 will have options to join a virtual school. The classes will be conducted virtually but will be activity-based, textbook-based and experiential in nature.
- The virtual school will also offer certifications to enhance student employability, and may be offered access to job boards and job portals for career-related issues.
About National Digital Education Architecture (NDEAR):
- NDEAR is meant to enable a common set of principles and approaches to be followed in building, using and re-using technology for education.
- Ministry: NDEAR is under the aegis of the Ministry of Education in collaboration with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology(MeitY).