News:The Government has announced that it will hold the RAISE 2020- ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020’ summit in New Delhi between April 11 and April 12.
About RAISE 2020:
- Aim:To bring together people to exchange ideas on the use of Artificial Intelligence for social empowerment, inclusion and transformation in industries such as education, smart mobility, agriculture and healthcare among others.
- It will be organized by the Government of India along with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology in partnership with industry & academia.
About Artificial Intelligence:
- It refers to the ability of machines to perform cognitive tasks like thinking, perceiving, learning, problem-solving and decision making.
- It includes technologies like machine learning, pattern recognition, big data, neural networks, self algorithms among others.
India and AI:
- National strategy on artificial intelligence:It has been released by NITI Aayog in 2018.It identifies five core areas for application of artificial intelligence: Healthcare, Agriculture, Education, Smart Cities and Infrastructure and Smart Mobility and Transportation.
- Global AI Report 2019:According to this report,India stood at the ninth position in terms of the number of AI specialists working in the field.The US, China and the UK has topped the list.
- According to a report, AI could add $957 billion to the Indian economy and will lift the country’s income by 15% in 2035.
- AIRAWAT:In 2019,NITI Aayog had proposed to establish a cloud computing platform called Artificial Intelligence Research, Analytics and Knowledge Assimilation Platform(AIRAWAT) to make India a pioneer amongst emerging economies with regards to AI.