News:GreenCo Rating has been acknowledged in India’s Intended Nationally Determined Contribution(INDC) document submitted to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change(UNFCCC) in 2015.
About GreenCo Rating:
- GreenCo Rating has been developed by the Confederation of Indian Industry(CII).
- Aim:To facilitate companies to make a substantial improvement in their environmental performance thereby saving both natural and financial resources.
- Under this,companies are evaluated on major environmental areas including- energy efficiency, renewable energy, water conservation, waste management, resource conservation, green supply chain and life cycle assessment.
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is a non-government, not-for-profit, industry-led and industry-managed organization founded in 1895.
- It works to create and sustain an environment conducive to the development of India, partnering industry, Government and civil society, through advisory and consultative processes.