All you need to know about GSAT-19
- Type of Satellite: Communication
- Launch mass: 3136 Kg
- Mission Life: 10 years
- Launch Vehicle: GSLV Mk III-D1/GSAT-19 Mission
- Manufacturer: ISRO
- Owner: ISRO
- Application: Communication
- Orbit type: GSO
- GSAT-19 carries Ka/Ku-band high throughput communication transponders.
- It carries a Geostationary Radiation Spectrometer (GRASP) payload to monitor and study the nature of charged particles and the influence of space radiation on satellites and their electronic components.
- It also features certain advanced spacecraft technologies like miniaturised heat pipe, fibre optic gyro, Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) accelerometer, Ku-band TTC transponder, as well an indigenous Lithium-ion Battery.
Use of cryogenic engines in GSLV Mk III
- A cryogenic rocket engine is a rocket engine that uses a cryogenicfuel or oxidizer, that is, its fuel or oxidizer (or both) is gases liquefied and stored at very low temperatures.
- Indigenously developed cryogenic stage uses liquid oxygen and liquid hydrogen.
- India belongs to the elite club of countries that have mastered cryogenic technology.