Skip to content
- The Delhi government has decided to organise a
15-day “Happiness Utsav” across all government schools to celebrate
completion of a year of introduction of its happiness curriculum.
- The Delhi government launched the Happiness
Curriculum in state-run schools in 2018.
- The aim of the curriculum is to instil
self-awareness, stimulate good mental health, character, and resilience in
children and improve cognitive ability of the students.
- The curriculum includes meditation, moral values
and mental exercises.
- The entire curriculum is purely activity-based
and no formal examinations are conducted on it. However, a periodic assessment
of children’s progress is made using a happiness index.